The department of Physics at Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya, Gandhinagar was established in 2014 with a motivation to pursue high-level teaching methodologies in advanced areas of experimental and theoretical physics, and interdisciplinary areas of science & technology. Presently, the department conducts the degree course in postgraduate 2-year (4-semesters) M.Sc. Physics program as well as undergraduate 3-year (6-semesters) B.Sc. Physics program of the institute.
Apart from teaching physics courses and guiding students in their projects work and theses, faculties actively engage in regular seminars, workshops and discussion forums. Regular visits of experts and scholars from Academia and industry for technical and popular talks enhance to the vibrant academic culture of sharing and collaboration.
About Physics Laboratories
Physics teachers are likely passionate about getting students involved in hands-on, minds-on learning. The Laboratory is a place for students as well as for teachers in training to explore physics. In the department, physics lab is central and integral part of curriculum where physics students do physics. It is in the laboratory that physics students learn to practice the activities of learning and understanding – asking questions, performing procedures, collecting data, analysing data, answering questions, and thinking of new questions to explore.
Physics Lab Photographs
Features of Physics Department
- Current Academic Programmes:From the academic year 2014-15,the department of Physics offers Two-year (4-semesters) M.Sc. Physics postgraduate while from the year 2015-16,Three-year (6-semesters) B.Sc. Physics undergraduate program was offered.
- Semester System: Semester system is followed in all of the academic programs in order to enlarge curricular space and encourage more learning opportunities.
- Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS): It has some unique features, such as enhanced learning opportunities, ability to match student’s pedagogic needs and aspirations toimprove educational quality, innovation and comparability of educational program.
- Evaluation System: ‘Continuous Internal Evaluation’ is the essential feature of the evaluation system in this department. A teacher who offers the course is the best person to assess performance of the students. However, there is the internal and end-semester evaluationto ensure transparency, fairness, and accountability appropriate mechanisms have been developed.
- Infrastructure and ambience: All appropriate steps are taken to create and maintain infrastructure required for quality teaching and research in the department.
- Counselling and Guidance Services: The department adopts a forward looking approach and provides counselling and guidance services to the students. Innovative programmes, such as seminars, workshops, expert talks and field visit are planned to be developed.
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation: The ‘Internal Quality Assurance Cell’ is made to ensure progressive improvement in efficiency of the department as well as administration.
- Opportunities: Graduates of this department play prominent roles in academic and industrial fields such as electronics, mechanics, manufacturing and information.