About Chemistry Department
- The department of chemistry was established in 2007 and has evolved itself into a well-known and repute academic research center. It consists of 22 faculty members of various disciplines.
- The department runs B.Sc. & M.Sc. program in different branches of chemistry namely organic, analytical, physical and inorganic chemistry. More than five faculty and students are presently doing research.
- The faculty has been undertaking research projects sponsored by various national agencies such As GUJCOSTUGC, DST, etc.
- The research work involves the probing various aspects of Organic, Polymer including synthesis, characterization and applications, synthetic organic chemistry, liquid crystal, bioactive inorganic metal complexes and theoretical chemistry etc.
- The department houses various sophisticated equipment such as UV and Visible Spectrophotometer, flame Photometer, Colorimeter, Refrectometer, Potentiometer Conductometer, pH meter, Oven, Magnetic Stirrer, Autoclave and Polarizing optical Microscope.
List of instrument
UV and Visible Spectrophotometer, flame Photometer, Colorimeter, Refrectometer, Potentiometer Conductometer, pH meter, Oven, Magnetic Stirrer, Autoclave and Polarizing optical Microscope.
About Organic Chemistry Lab
We have three laboratory for organic chemistry practical’s in which we are conducting preparation estimation and separation and characterization and purification technique of organic compounds.
About inorganic Chemistry Lab
We have two laboratory for inorganic chemistry practical’s in which we are conducting qualitative analysis of radicals, ore, alloy analysis and preparation of metal complex.
About physical Chemistry Lab
We have two laboratories for physical chemistry practical’s equiped with instruments like Conductometer, Potentiometrer, pH meter, Spectrophotometer, Colorimeter, Refractometer, Polarimeter, Ostwald viscometer, Stalagmometer, Precision Balance, Thermostat etc.
About Analytical Chemistry Lab
We have two laboratory for Analytical chemistry practical’s in which we are doing quantitative analysis by various types of analytes. Various instruments like flame photometer, UV Vis spectrophotometer are present in the laboratory.