The prime role of Women Development Cell (WDC) of the institute is to deal with cases of sexual harassment and moreover, implementation of the women policy, in general to promote the well being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the college.
- To give Mahila Gaurav award to the girl student/faculty who has endured a lot of struggles and sufferings to maintain a life of dignity.
- To create awareness of women’s rights and their roles in the society.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To encourage participation of NGOs working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the cell.
- To provide a forum for women on the campus to share information, resources and exchange of ideas.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of girl students, women faculty and staff in the University.
- To help them in knowing the importance of good health, nutrition and facilities available for them.
- To help them in changing their mind sets and to cultivate leadership skills in women.
To create awareness about the social problems faced by women and to work for uplifting women and to make women realize their equal responsibility in building the society.
WDC Events Details
- Expert lecture on premenstrual syndrome and eating disorders in girls lecture delivered by Ms. Hetal Jain from Physiotherapy College (KSV).
- Expert lecture and demonstration on Women Safety, Security and Empowerment delivered by Ms.Ruzan Khabatta a social activist and proprietor at Wizzo Tech, Ahmadabad.
- Visarati Vangio, competition of old and lost recipes of India – A group of four girls from SMMPISR won the 1st prize in the competition.
- Activities and competitions were organized for women faculty of KSV on Womens Day. The activities were sports, grooming and cultural. Our college won awards in each of these categories.
- Expert lecture on legal rights of Women delivered by Advocate Ms. Darshana Pandya.
Installation of sanitary pad and incineration machine for the girl students of SMMPISR.